The Consortium for Climate, Health and AIr Pollution Research in India (CHAIR-India) and GEOHealth Hub for Research and Capacity Building (GEOHealth HEALS) are organising a Short course on Methods and Modelling in Environmental Health from May 29-June 2, 2023, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM in Delhi-NCR, India.
– Dr. Siddhartha Mandal PhD in Biostatistics, Senior Research Scientist, Centre for Chronic Disease Control
– Dr. Dimple Kondal PhD in Biostatistics, Assistant Professor & Senior Biostatistician, Public Health Foundation of India
Objective: This course will focus on learning and applying methods and models to
assess the link between environmental exposures and health.
1. Basics of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
2. Linear Models
3. Generalized Linear Models
4. Analysis of longitudinal data
5. Survival Analysis
Eligibility: This course is designed for researchers with Postgraduate degrees in Public Health or related discipline, working in the area of environmental health and who want to deepen and extend their knowledge
– Knowledge in basic epidemiology & biostatistics along with working knowledge of R Statistical Package
– Prior to the course, enrollees will be sent an introduction to R package with exercises that will help participants get familiar with R
– During the course, methods will be illustrated using software, R. This is a hands-on course with a couple of hours each day devoted to carefully structured and supervised assignments.
– To do these exercises, you will need to bring your own laptop computer with a recent version of R.
For more information: Please contact Ms. Anubrati Dutta <email@example.com>